Monday, May 10, 2010

Flip Diapers Review


 
We recently purchased a couple of Flip diapers from BumGenius.  I was looking for a better cover to go over our Mother-Ease diapers and inadvertantly fell in love with an entirely new diapering system!  Flip diapers are everything I have been looking for and more. 

The covers have snap closure, which is ideal because velcro covers were coming undone with all the vigourous crawling Boogie has been doing - and now, as of Saturday, he is walking, too!

I love that these diapers have a stay-dry liner that wicks the moisture away from Boogie's little bum.  Since he has been having some problems with yeast rashes, I have been looking for a way to keep these at bay and these liners seem to do the trick.  We have been using them for about a week now - with a mixture of Flip liners and prefolds - and they are working great for us.

Another bonus?  The liners take up less space in the diaper bag, so I can carry more with me for longer trips without having to over-stuff an already packed-to-the-brim bag.

Right now, Boogie is in the middle size of these adjustable diapers.  Since I am planning to start potty training in the fall/winter, we should find that these diapers are the last covers we will need to buy.

Plus, they are super trim and haven't leaked at all.  Here's an action shot -




Couldn't get him to hold still long enough to get a clear shot!

Because a day pack (2 covers, 6 inserts) can be had for $50, any parent can afford to use these diapers.  I would think for a newborn, you might need two day packs per day, but if I were buying these from the start with no other diapers in my stash, I would buy 4 day packs for $200 and plan on washing every other day at least until Boogie was 6 months or so.  After that, you would have plenty of wiggle room for washing - no time every other day? No problem!  We currently have 4 covers, 8 stay dry liners, a handful of prefolds, and the liners from our Mother-Ease dipes, which I have found work well for at home if we stack two liners in the covers.  I haven't really tried these liners out and about because I haven't needed to, but I'm confident they would work just fine.  I'm going to hold out and see if they have more new colors for covers before I buy any more, but I can certainly work with what we have without buying anything else until we are done with potty training.

And as for the math?  We are still far beyond the point where we broke even on diaper costs against what disposables would cost, even though we are back to disposables at night most of the time.  We are at least 4 months ahead!


Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment