Monday, January 31, 2011

Looking forward to playground weather!

This year, spring is going to mean a lot to me and my family.  Spring is meant to be a rebirth, and for us it really will be.  We will be closing on our first house and moving in.  I'm planning to start my garden, and hopefully my son will be finding his way into a new playgroup.  I think every parent kind of dreams that her house will be the one all the kids want to come play at.

With having our own yard looming in the near future, I cannot help but dream of filling it with amazing kid attractions.  I always wanted a swing set in my yard when I was a kid and I kind of want Jack to have one.  But with the garden, adding a fence, and planing some fruit trees, I'm not sure we will have room.  If we are to get one (probably as a bithday gift), I want to be sure it will last for many years, and be something we can move with us again when we relocate.  I want quality, but I don't want to spend a ton of money.  Another option we have been considering is a nice playhouse.  I can't decide which ill get more love and use over the years.

I was looking for wooden playhouses and swing sets online just now and discovered that there are about three million options out there.  Wooden? Plastic? Metal?  Small and understated, or massive enough to make your yard cooler than the playground?  I was actually kind of surprised that you can even buy really nice swing sets and playhouses online, let alone get free shipping, but CSN Stores offer a huge selection of both, plus bikes, trikes, trampolines, and even play kitchen sets.  Suddenly, my son's birthday wish list is growing and growing... And I don't think he even really knows what his birthday is yet, let alone that it's in about 3 months and that he can ask for something he wants.

Of course, if I ask him what he want's he will probably just ask to watch an episode of Yo Gabba Gabba.

I'd love to go bundle my little guy up and take him to the park, but it's just flat out too cold.  So for now, I'm going to have to settle for some online day dream shopping...  If I start now, maybe I can narrow it all down by the time we are ready to plan his birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment